02 January 2012
I LOVE my new consultant
I arrived at my new consultant's (she is in the top photo) home at 9 this morning and left a very satisfied customer after 5 this evening. She has such a beautiful personality and is a true professional. She immediately informed me that my hair needed to be groomed; something I had been asking my previous consultant about for some time only to be told, finally, that "everyone does not need to be groomed". Well, I didn't feel like I was "everyone" but she is supposed to be the SL expert so I didn't push the issue. Anyway, my new consultant also informed me that my parts weren't straight and she had a difficult time trying to find the grid. However, she was able to go in a clean up some of my parts; particularly the one in the middle of my head. She is also going to close up some of my ends that had not closed yet.
I paid more to have it tightened but it is well worth the money and it's done to my satisfaction. I will be going to have my hair groom (yeah) in 4 weeks and then I will be on a 6 week re-ti schedule. doing the math, I find that I will pay the same amount of money regardless of if I am on a 6 week or 8 week schedule.
She has very beautiful hair and can be a walking bill board for any Sisterlock advertisement.
I still love my hair and was actually thinking of coloring it again....lol. I haven't totally ruled it out but I am trying really hard not to color it but color is screaming my name right now. Maybe I will do it tomorrow....maybe I will venture out into the cold and go get the supplies and do it tonight...maybe I won't color at all....decisions, decisions, decisions.
Did I already say that I love my new consultant (trainee).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
Your consultant locks are GORGEOUS. Very happy you finally met a consultant that does a great job in retighten your lovely set of sisterlocks.
Yes her hair is absolutely beautiful. However she has cut most of her length off. I am so glad I found her also and thanked her numerous times for answering/responding to me.
Hey Nihu
Glad all is well and that you are finally happy with your new consultant. Her locks are gorgeous by the way and so are yours!
Hey Ms. V.,
thanks for the love. I am very happy with her and her work. I have received so many compliments on my hair...people kept asking me what was different. Her work definitely speaks for itself.
Hey Nihu! Question? Well let me first say I love your locks & I am glad you found an SLC that meets your needs now Question? what do they do when they groom your locks? is it just trimming the ends or thw whole lock shaft? & what will she or how will she close the ends of your locks? & thanks for dropping by my blog, I still read all of you guys blog but have been having problems leaving comments so I hope this works this time
Hi! What does it mean to "close your ends"? I look forward to hearing from you.
@ MsQ, Closing my ends means to make the entire shaft of my hair look like a lock that has matured; no curly Q's on the end. I love my Curly Q's and am not going to allow her to close them. It gives my hair a unique look and I'm not into the "norm" so I do what works for me.
@ Eup, As always thanks for the comps on the hair. Grooming involves trimming the loose ends off of the entire hair shaft. It gives a much neater appearance to the lock and allows the locks to lay flatter. In my case, with all of this thick hair, to lay flat is a wonderful thing. She will backcomb the hair along my loc (using her fingers)and then cut all of those hairs that have not gone into the lock. My old consult kept putting me off when I asked about grooming (something she had originally told me needed to be done in her originally consultation). If you remember an older post that I had done I tried it myself and although it looked really good (only did the front) I lost some locks because I had accidentally cut into them. If I understood her correctly, the ends are closed as opposed to cut...not sure but I will ask but I am not having mine closed. My loose ends is what confuses everyone as to "what" I have in my hair. When I went to work with this style everyone thought that I had taken my locks out...lol
@ Eup, I received an email with your other question but I am not sure why it did not post here since your other one did. I'll paste your comment here before I answer (can't have people thinking that I am crazy...lol)
COMMENT FROM EUPHORIA: "you don't know how excited I am I sound like Dee from what's happening when she goes OOOOOOO! I have been wanting to do a piggy back set for a while! so did it take longer to dry & was it extremely heavy on your head? the curls look amazing,thanks for posting"
No it does not take longer to dry. In fact is it just the opposite. I do piggy back sets to avoid the long dry time. They can be heavy depending on how many you put in. Mine were not heavy at all as I just rolled a little over half of the lock. I will do a post on piggy backing and give all of the details.
Thanks so much for the response! I will chat with my consultant about closing up my ends... :)
No problem Ms. Q. Let me know how it goes and please post photos.
Well I am happy for you that everything worked out in the end, and that you have found a new consultant!
@ Dew, I was very fortunate to have found her. It's like looking for a needle in a haystack here. Unbelievable.
Post a Comment