25 December 2011

2012 New Consultant and New Beginnings

I've just celebrated another year of birth and as I celebrated I came to several realizations.  (1) I'm too impatient to continue tightening my own hair (2) If I weren't impatient, do I really want to devote that much of my time to re-tightening my hair over the course of 3 days; no I do not. (3) It's time to treat and pamper myself and (4) I'm living the rest of my years to the fullest; being all that I desire to be and doing all that I want to do.  Yeah me!

With that being said, I came home from my birthday getaway and began looking for another consultant.  I had met with 2 consultants a few weeks prior to my getaway.  There was something that I didn't like about one of them; just couldn't put my hands on it.  I thought I'd give the other one a try.  Well, when I returned and called the salon, I got a recording telling me that the number had been changed.  I called the new number and received a voice mail box that did not belong to her.  The search continued; back to the SL website.  I knew my choices were slim because I had already attempted to contact most of the listed trainees and consultants to no avail.  Well, I got lucky and there was one person who had just completed her training.  I have an appointment with her on Monday January 2. 

The investigator in me made me do a little searching on FB and the web.  I found photos of her and she has absolutely gorgeous locks.  The irony is that her consultant is the one in which I was trying to make contact with.  She appears, from our phone conversation, to be a very likeable person.  More importantly, however, is that she appears to be a true professional.

The photos above were taken about a week ago.  I am in great need for a re-ti even though the photos do not clearly show it.

Lastly, I have been contemplating a career change.  I think I'm going back to my true love; hair!  I've spent a fortune last year getting my cosmetology licenses out of the lapsed state and I haven't really participated in the field of Cosmetology since I've invested all of that money back into so I have decided that I am going to take the plunge and enroll in the SL Consultant Training coming up in April.   I vow not to be one of those consultants who never returns phone calls or answers emails.  If these consultants and trainees don't want the money from engaging in the SL trade, I will gladly accept it. 

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Kittylocks said...

Your hair looks great and good luck with your new consultant and the training.

Locs2Envy said...

Thank you Kittylocks. Praying all goes well with both. Be Blessed!