07 September 2011

Unsatisfied AGAIN

So here I sit once again, thinking that I am wasting my money going to my consultant.  It's been about 3 weeks and my hair looks a hot mess.  It was not to my completely satisfied once it was completed due to the edges still looking raggedy.  So I think it's time to move on or go back to DIY (praying not that).  I just am not satisfied.  I've also found several locks that appear to have been cut (very short) or have broken (which is very unusual for my hair) and there was one that obviously should have been cut (dangling on a thread of hair and knotted badly at the bottom) but was not.  I cut it off.  Why am I fixing my hair when I just paid $150 for someone to tighten it.  Is common maintenance not included in tightening services?  Yes, it is time to move on. 

2 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Nihu, I found a consultant who not only tightened my locs but did repairs throughout my locs. He did an excellent job. The only drawback is he is very slow. I found out from a forum that most consultant/trainees will refuse to do any maintainance/tighen if you're not their regular client. Some will tighten ONLY as repairs is more time and you should pay more. It's crazy.

Locs2Envy said...

Hello Anthia-ofo, I've been with her since the very beginning until I got sick and could no longer afford her and had to do it myself. She charges $25 per hour so if she needed to take more time she should have just done it. It already takes her about 6 hours to tighten my hair. It would be nice to have someone that took pride in their work and did all that needed to be done when they are servicing clients. I have found a new consultant (trainee) and she told me that she is slow and charges a flat fee of $75 (half of what I pay my consultant (also a trainee) now. She doesn't start clients until 6:30 PM on certain days which is my only hesitation since I work nights. If she doesn't finish on Monday I will have to wait until the following off day; the following Monday. She does not work on Sundays - my first off day. Thanks for the insight.