Today marks one week since I set my hair on pipe cleaners. To this point I have separated them into halves and today I separated the halves into halves. I love the set overall but I think my favorite style is this final look. The first look (non separated) attracted too much attention and too many questions. The first division attracted a lot of looks but only one person, a hostess at Applebee's, approached me. After staring me down as I waited to be seated she finally bounced over (literally) and apologized for staring and then said "I absolutely love your hair. Oh, my God it is so beautiful". I thanked her; continued my phone conversation and she bounced back to her station. She also was natural with locks. I have not ventured out of the house today so I won't know what kind of reactions I will get from this final phase until I go to work tomorrow.
I hope my "hair stalker" is not working in the lobby. We all have or know one. They are the ones who are not natural that has a million and one questions about your hair; but knows someone who also has locks "just like yours" but chooses to drive you nuts with all of the questions and statements. This particular person irked me so much because she claims that her "best friend" has SL's also. Then why are you bugging the crap out of me? Don't you talk to your best friend? Don't you discuss her hair? I finally told her that I no longer use the SL technique since I am a DIYer and don't utilize the tool. I told her my locks were called Nihuru Knots and the questions begin again.
My friend Val and I was discussing this yesterday as I sat her hair on pipe cleaners (sorry no pictures since my camera battery was dead). We compare it to being a celebrity. It gets really annoying, especially if you are out for a relaxing evening or enjoying a meal.
What's your most annoying experience since you went natural?
2 comments:
Just the questions about "Is that your own hair" and ewww now I really hate fake two strand twists because people do a double take at mine to c if it is fake...Oh I had comments like I dont usually like locks but on you they look good.. what u do to yours... when I get them done they may ask like "what"... meaning what do you need to do to the lil "twisty" lol... twisty
Hey Ms. Penny. How have you been? People can be so ignorant and/or uninformed some times...amazing.
Post a Comment