18 October 2009

Setting Lotion Free Set

 Ok, I am more than a little disappointed that my perm rod set didn't last a week.  About 2 days after my last post on the set, approximately 4 days total, my curls were gone....AND I used setting lotion.  The down side to using the setting lotion is that my hair just didn't feel like "my hair" because I don't use product often.  So last night I did the equivalent of a two strand twist, without setting lotion, on my hair AND I LOVE IT so far.  My plan is to wear it like this for the week and then untwist it and wear it like that for the next week and then shampoo and start all over again.  Well, that's my plan.  Let's see what my hair plans to do...lol.  Here are the pixs of the twists. 




Much Love, Ni

4 comments:

Locs2Envy said...

Hey Aron, I checked out your video's and found them supportive of what I have always known. I will say that we (meaning African American's, Black etc) have always been trusting people. Hell, African's made deals with the white man based on a handshake and lost lots of land and means of living. When will we wake up? People only do to us that which we allow them to do. When I was putting relaxer etc in my hair, I never dealt with foreigners. I didn't care how far I had to travel to support my people and their ventures. I went even though the distance was greater and the prices were higher. I take pride in my people. I find it odd that you, a white man, has a genuine interest in this situation. If you are sincere, Kudos to you for trying to make a difference but ultimately, the change will have to come from within the black communities.

Natasha Dyer said...

Hi Ni, did you secure your ends in the twist? Can't wait to see the results.

Locs2Envy said...

Hey Q,

Yes, I secured the ends right after I twisted it. I used a hair pin on the end of each one. Once my hair was dried, the next day, I carefully removed the hairpins.

PS. The pixs have been posted :)

z said...

Beautiful twists! You make me want to try wearing twists with my locks again.