21 October 2009

New Set is Perfect - Here's Proof

 As promised, here are the pixs of my twist out...



Much Love, Ni

11 comments:

Penny said...

I love this! tell me what u used to get this crinkled look and post how long it lasted!! Do u do facebook?

Locs2Envy said...

Hey P,

This is by far the best and easiest style I have ever done since getting my locks installed.

I simply did 2 strand twists; wrapping the 2 strands closer together and with a little tension as opposed to the looser twists. I bobby pinned the ends up after I finished each one. I put the bobby pins in, going in an upward motion (actually going into the twists) so that they weren't sticking out.

My air was dry the next morning (UNBELIEVABLE) and I removed the bobby pins (the ends stayed in place) and wore it in 2 strand twists for the first 4 days (was going to leave them in for 6 but I started playing in them as I was driving home...lol)I still have the exact same look as in the photo. I have been spritzing them with water trying to get them to drop a little but it's still a very wavy; very firm set AND with no setting lotion. I love it and will be doing it again this week - whenever I get motivated and the grandbabies go home. Make sure you post pixs if you do it.

On a final note, I used about 6-8 locks per twist.

Anonymous said...

So gorgeous, and I continue to love what the colour does to it too.

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks Chi.

Quietspirit said...

That's a lovely twist out. That and a braid out were the only "sets" is used to do to my locks after they got long. The roller sets just did not work for me and I was too lazy to do the soft spikes. I would use 8-10 locks per braid or twists too. You can also do bantu knots at the end of each twist or braid.

Naturally Sophia said...

Can you come do my color? That ish is FIERCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locs2Envy said...

Thank you Sophia, You know if I were a little closer, I wouldn't hesitate to hook you up girlfriend.

CheLouissaint said...

I'm with Sophia, I have the color itch, but I'm so afraid to dye!

I love the hair, I have to try it. I'm going to update my blog by Sunday with pictures of my hair. I was driving to work today and couldn't stop playing with it. So, pictures will be coming soon!

Locs2Envy said...

QS, I feel you on the roller sets not doing anything for your hair. I feel the same way. It took way too much time for me to set over 600 locks for it not to last; and that's with setting lotion, which I don't care for. Thanks for the advice.

Hey Ms. C, How are you? Looking forward to the pixs. Thanks for the comps.

z said...

Your twist outs are gorgeous! The last time I tried a twist out it turned into a what-the-heck-out, lol! Sometimes I feel that some of my locks are too thick to achieve this, so i'll have to attempt this again another day.

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks Dew. Your hair is always gorgeous, no matter what you do to it.