20 September 2009

Not my typical post


 Yesterday, I ventured further out into the country with my brother and nephew.  We were in search of a co-worker's home.  We found the trailer home which sits on 7 acres relatively easy. This wasn't an ordinary trip.  I was taking my brother to purchase a goat;  a goat to be slaughtered and eaten.  Now, I knew we were going to be making this trip for the past week so why did it bother me so much once we arrived at the farm, and reality sit in?  The poor goat was naying and naying to no avail to my brother or nephew.  To me it sounded as if the poor thing was crying.  So what do I do?  I'm running behind my brother snapping pictures of the cute little goat and begging him not to take the darn thing...begging for the goats life.  My brother looked at me like I was crazy and my nephew couldn't stop laughing at me.  Hell, the owner (and thank God his wife, my co-worker wasn't there) probably thought I had a few screws lose also....lol.  Needless to say all of my begging was for naught.  My brother slaughtered the goat as soon as he got it home.  Thank God, I had the presence of mind to drive my own vehicle and not ride in the transport auto and didn't have to witness that atrocity.  I truly think that I was traumatized.  My mood was funky all day yesterday.  I just couldn't shake that sight; and I am truly considering becoming a vegetarian.  It shouldn't be too hard as I only eat chicken and fish right now.  Although I do have an occasional hamburger or steak to break the monotony.  I'm going to have to work on that.  In the meantime, here are pictures of the cutest little goat being led to his demise.  






Much Love, Nihu

2 comments:

CheLouissaint said...

Aww I'm sorry for you but wish I had a plate of fried goat meat right about now!!! LOL

Locs2Envy said...

LOL....If you were here, I sure would put in the request for you. I knew that someone would feel like you. After seeing and hearing the poor little thing, I just can't fathom it right now. Much love to you.