Here is Isis at approximately 1 Year and 5 months after her original set of two strand twist locks were installed by yours truly. The photos of her in the pink shirt were taken at installation on March 13, 2008. The other photos were taken last night prior to, during and after her Re-ti. The photos that show no scalp were taken before I got started. The ones showing her scalp were taken right after tightening as were the ones that show her hair in the Zulu Knots. Her last Re-ti was in June. Her mom was maintaining her locks by using Mango Lime and twisting but since she has been at my home for the past 2 days and I couldn't take it any longer I came out of retirement and tightened her with the latch hook. I went down to Hobby Lobby and purchased a new latch hook (kicking myself for throwing the 2 I had away) and got busy on her locks. I shampooed her with Bronner Brothers Almond Soap prior to beginning. The end results were bouncing, shiny and behaving hair. She starts school on Monday and is now excited. For those of you who have been following my blog, you will remember that Isis was having some very real concerns about her self image due to her hair not being as long and "pretty" as her 2 sisters who both have relaxed hair. I can tell you that is no longer the case. Isis hair has almost surpassed both of her sisters' hair in length and she is no longer ashamed of her hair. I made a little concoction for her to use on her locks, showed her how to do it, and she informed me yesterday that she can no longer keep it because he mom and sisters "keep using it all up". I would imagine that they are trying to get what she has (healthy hair) without departing from the chemicals.
2 comments:
I wish my mom let me stay natural back when I was younger. I'm refusing to let my sister straighten my neices hair. Next time she's over I have to shower her these pictures of Isis. So far my neice doesn't want a relaxer so that's a relief. I think having her two cool aunties with natural hair style helps with that.
Glad to see Isis is comfortable and loving her locks!
Hey girlfriend! How have you been is the question? I have been checking your blog for updates and was very happy to see you peeked your head above ground again. I was also very happy to see that it was due to you being very busy and not due to the knucklehead who was tugging on the ole heart strings. Much love to you.
Yeah Isis is really lovin her hair. She has a little swing going on now. I have been coaching her on how to make her hair move without seeming obvious....lol...I'll let Isis know that she could be inspiring someone else's journey. My mom told me not to put a relaxer in my hair, but I did it anyway....got my butt torn up....lol
Post a Comment