06 July 2009

I'm Being Tested

I know that I normally have good things to post about, but today, I'm going to vent about the injustices and inadequacies of the banking system. I'm a member of a very large Credit Union and have been for the past 6 years...that's about to change though as soon as I make some time to research some other financial institutions. Here's a breakdown of my drama that started Saturday; after I nonchalantly checked my account online.
  • I notice that my account showed that I had a balance of under $800. My first reaction is WTF because I know that I have only written 2 checks and neither one of them had cleared yet and neither would have left that type of balance.
  • As I'm looking through my transactions I discover that DIRECT TV has withdrawn over $900 due to me canceling my account when I moved to my new home. Triple WTF because they didn't have my new Credit Card information. They used information from a card that I had reported lost in April. NOW I REALLY PISSED...and of course it's Saturday (CU isn't open on Saturdays) and it's a freakin holiday weekend - not good.
  • Monday morning - I get up early to head to the CU - calling them first as I am in route to them to find out how they allowed such a FU. This sucker (CU employee) tells me that I have to call Direct and have them reverse the charges or have them send me a letter stating that I don't owe the charges -WTF- I told the sucker that I owe the charges but I never AUTHORIZED them to come out of my account and furthermore it was done with a card you fuck ups were supposed to have canceled in April. He tells me thae "someone" at the bank messed up and didn't cancel it. Not a good answer for my blood pressure AND it gets better.
  • So I arrive at the credit union to deposit more money because I know that I still have 2 checks out that total more than $1500.00 and one is my Mortgage check; which would not be a good thing if it bounced on the second month of me paying. This new employee tells me that my account is negative $84.00...WTF. Now I know something is wrong because I know that my 2 checks would not leave a negative $84 balance - even if only one had come through. So what's the problem?
  • My son, who just turned 18 on Sunday, has a joint account with me-I'm primary due to his age at the time of opening, and his account, according to them, was overdrawn AND they couldn't take my money for my account (over $900) until I bought his account current. Now yall, I clocked in the CU. I can't or won't say all of the words that I said to them; I really don't remember them all but I know it was UGLY. When I started my range, the CU was full of people; when I came to myself the place was empty and the manager was telling the teller to go ahead and take my money and put it in my account. Here's where it gets better.
  • I call my son as I stand at the teller cussing his ass out and he tells me that he deposited over $400 on Friday and has not spent over $100. NOW I order him to the CU with his receipt- which he tells me that he can't find at first...not a good answer. Long story short; he finds it, brings it to the CU and they tell us that the account number is his but the name on it is wrong so it was deposited into someone else's account. Luckily the teller who took his money typed in his driver license number on the receipt or he would have been shit out of luck. So I closed our joint account, opened him an individual account - I think. Here's what happened.
  • I filled out all of the paperwork as we waited for them to correct the account and had to leave it with my son and a friend with explicit instructions on what needed to happen in the event they got called in before I got back. Why did I do this? I asked myself the same thing but it was a dire emergency. Whenever I get upset, my nerves act crazy and a bowel movement becomes a life or death urge and need. Of course the CU has no public restrooms so I have to go to the BMV which was closed but the Security Officer did allow me to use the facilities. Thank God!
  • As I'm sitting on the toilet, my friend calls me and asks where I'm at? (duh-didn't I tell you I had to use the damn bathroom) and to tell me everything is taken care of; repeating everything that I told him to make sure was done, including crediting my son's account $75 in overdraft fees (right- he was getting hit with a $25 charge for $5-$6 purchases). When he finished telling me everything he says "they're going to call later". I ask him what they are calling for and he freakin couldn't tell me. So I have to call my son, who has already left the CU, to find out what the hell is going on. He tells me the call is a follow up call to make sure all of the money gets posted back into the account. WTF - I thought everything was done? At that point I just said forget it. My day was shot. I was mad as hell and I didn't make it to work.
Now the funny part, since I can laugh now, is that I had the poor lady in the credit union so terrified she forgot to take my money but had given me a receipt for my "deposit". If I were a different kind of person I would not have went back in and told her about her mistake nor given her the money- which I discovered still in my hand while I was sitting in my truck waiting on my son to arrive. But I know for a fact, I would have been paying for that injustice until the end of time - God has a very swift hand when dealing with me. I wonder what he has in store for me for my performance in the Credit Union today...LOL. Be Blessed!

6 comments:

CheLouissaint said...

Hey Lady!! Sounds like the CU people didn't want none with you that day! Comedic day but I've so been their, you're hair has gotten so much longer and as always I'm digging the color. Well hope all is well, with your new home and everything else.

C

Anonymous said...

What a bunch of asses! I am glad you got your ish sorted out though.

Locs2Envy said...

I agree 100%. I've narrowed my choices down to 2 banks....one is offering me $100 to open an account with them..

Locs2Envy said...

Hey Diva,

How are you? All is wonderful with the new home etc. I just haven't had the time to enjoy it...but it's coming real soon. I'll be off for a week in August.....going to head to Nawlins for a few days and then come home and just chill. Thanks for the comps on the color.

PS. Not sure why your blog doesn't go to the top of my blog roll when you post new info....keeps telling me that there is no feed.....I'll keep checking on you though. Much love,

CheLouissaint said...

Rest & Relaxation ain't nothing wrong with that from time to time. I changed my blog name again lol that's probably why www.inaturallyme.blogspot.com I think that's it

Locs2Envy said...

LOL...that's what I'm doing today. I've changed the address to the new one but it still doesn't register new posts....probably something in the settings...No matter, I'll keep checking on you. Be Blessed!