16 October 2012

Caribbean Cruise....Just OK








 Update:  Here are some of the promised photos of the hair.  The first photo is pre salt water.  The fourth photo was my set that got me back to the look of the first photo.  All in all it held up very well and was totally carefree; even with the addition of the salt water.  I forgot to mention that while on the cruise I was greeted by another SL wearer.  It caught me totally off guard when she said came up behind me and said "hello my sistlerlocked sister".  How great is that! 



Well I made it back from my 8 days of vacationing.  The cruise was nice but not totally to my liking.  It was great for those who love to drink, gamble and spend excessive amounts of money on frivolous things; not me.

We visited 4 Islands in the Southern Caribbean and spent the rest of the time on water; which brings me to my hair.

I swam in the ship's pool and sat in the Whirlpool; both of which were filled with water from the Ocean.  I could feel the hardness in my hair from the salt in the water almost instantly.  The pressure from the shower on the ship was not sufficient, in my opinion, to give me the quality of shampooing that I needed.  I had packed my conditioning shampoo but failed to take my actual conditioner with me and my hair felt like straw; softer straw after shampooing but still straw none the less.  Needless to say I did not get back into the water after the initial time. 

Upon arriving at home I shampooed and conditioned my hair and it feels great.  I am heading to North Carolina in December for my annual birthday get away.  I wish, now, that I had gone there instead of the cruise.  Having visited Barbados a few years ago I find that I enjoy actually being among the people in their own comfort and cultural zone...doing what the do everyday as opposed to being in the tourists areas.  I don't think there will be anymore cruises for me.

I've not uploaded any photos yet but I will post some when I do.

2 comments:

Kreyola said...

I agree about the cruise. If you into drinking, and eating all the time, then the cruise is for you. I found that the time that you get off the cruise is not enough time to do everything, and that is my pet peeve when I'm visiting other places. Cruise I believe is more for relaxing and I wouldn't recommend doing no more than 4 days. 8 day cruise seem to be a bit long for me. I can’t wait to see the pictures though :).

Locs2Envy said...

Yes, K. 8 days was definitely too long. However, when I booked it I was going through a very stressful time (mom's pending death) and at the time felt like I needed at least a year of mental health time. My trip to Barbados a few years ago was great. I stayed on the island in a vacation cottage and got the full "effect" of island living. It can't be beat. I could have stayed home with a good book for a lot less than what I paid for the cruise...and I would have been quite content. I'm getting the photos developed prior to putting any on my computer since I have over 3000 pictures on it already; many of which I want to put in hard copy for good old fashioned photo albums.