06 November 2011
4 years and almost 9 months ReTi
Today I completed yet another DIY Re-ti. I have finally given up completely on my SL Consultant. I just work too hard to just "give" my money away. It's funny because my best friend and I both have been going to her since the beginning and we get tightened within weeks of each other. We had lunch sometime last year and she commented on my hair; asking me "Mims, didn't you just get your hair tightened, like 2 weeks before I had mine done?" My hair was a hot mess. She stated that hers was always done correctly.....Well, not anymore. She called me last week to complain about how bad her hair was now looking after barely 3 weeks since the re-ti by the SL Consultant. Needless to say we had a really good laugh about that although she is really pissed off. She has now vowed to also be "done" with the consultant. For her, the hunt begins for a new consultant....I think for myself, maybe, also. While I enjoy doing my hair sometimes, I don't want to have to do it all of the time.
Doing my own hair affords me the opportunity to feel each and every one of my locs. During this process, I have determined that one side of my head (the side she worked on last) has noticeably thicker locks than the first ones she installed. I think she was ambitious when she started working on my hair but because she was determined to tell me what my hair "was not" (thick) and not really listening to me, her client, she became overwhelmed as the clock ticked on and the hair seemed to reproduce as she worked on it...18 hours is a long time to spend with anyone; especially if you are doing their hair. I know exactly how she felt because I had been dealing with my hair all of my life and if I know only one thing, I know that I have VERY thick hair.
I've also noticed that the greys are coming in strong around my edges....or should I say my receding hairline. I am destined to have the same hairline as my mother and my sister. I love my greys and can't wait until it is all pretty and white; not sure when that will be. My mom just celebrated her 80th birthday and she still is not completely grey.
I am approaching the 5 year mark and I think my hair has really grown. Of course when I hit 5 years, I will again post then and now photos. In the meantime here are some more photos of my locs. Oh, I found the retro hair band when I went shopping today...love it...wish I could find an article of clothing to match it. The hunt continues. Also, these photos show my braid out after 1 full week. I think it still looks pretty darn good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Sorry to hear about your consultant issue. Hope you find one that is to your liking. Your hair looks lovely by the way. So long an thick and just beautiful!
Thanks K.
My, you hair has grown so much! Finding a consultant isn't as easy as we think it is, but I can see that you're resourceful. When my consultant did my hair, as thick and dense as it was, it was so much work for her that her hands cramped up and she had to take pain medicine. So I understand how you feel about dealing with our thickness.
@ Dew thick hair is truly a choir. My BF always says that she wishes her hair was a thick as mine..and then she touched it. I don't here that anymore...lol. I guess the thickness is the reason I can justify, in my head anyway, paying so much money to have it tightened. Since my old consultant never groomed them, that is about to be another added expense...but I am going to have to place time restrictions on it this time....I can't justify 8 hours of grooming, nor will I. It's one thing to take 8 hours to tighten....and I think that is a bit much. Love your hair.
Post a Comment