02 October 2011
Update on Isis
I've gotten quite a few requests for updates on Isis. She is doing well. She is 14 years old now and she has had her locks for almost 3 years; at the age of 11. For those of you who have never met Isis, she is my great niece. Her mom would not allow her to get relaxers because she was too young. However, her other 2 older sisters were allowed to have relaxers and therefore had fairly long and flowing hair that could be styled in a variety of ways.
Isis, however, had a different type of hair. Her hair was very dry and brittle, broke easily and would not grow very long. One day after relaxing both of her sisters' hair, I observed Isis was visible upset about not being allowed to have a relaxer. As she began to cry, my heart broke. She said she wanted her hair to be like mine. At this time I had been locked for about one year. We both spoke to her mom, my niece, and she consented to the locks. The rest, as they say, is history.
Today, Isis' self esteem is off the chart. She is very happy and outgoing and her hair is no longer an issue. She loves it. Needless to say, the length has now surpassed both of her sisters' hair; who both still utilize chemical processing and therefore endure more damage to their hair. To see more on Isis journey, click here. Here are updated photos of Isis' hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! Her locs are gorgeous! The color looks really nice on her too. :-)
Thanks. I'll past the comps on to her. The locs has worked wonders on her self esteem....is as if I watched a rose blossom right before my eyes.
Post a Comment