13 February 2010

Third Locversary

 
The bottom photo was taken in May of 2007; 3 months after my install.  The top 3 photos were taken one day after my third (3) year locversary.  My braid out is 3 days old in the photos.  Family and friend always comment on my hair's density, color, length etc.  It gets annoying at times as I thought the fascination with my hair would pass.  It has not.  I, personally, am not really impressed with the length or the rate of growth of my hair since going natural, as it has ALWAYS grown really fast and most certainly has always been REALLY THICK.  I am, however, greatly appreciative of having a carefree lifestyle; which includes the hair.  Many people ask me if I would spend the money to do it again and the answer is "NO".  It's not because I am strapped for cash, for truly I am not.  Although I love the look and low maintenance of the style, I have discovered that you can get the exact same look without the costs.  I'm not one of those people who gets hung up on technique, titles or status and am very grounded so to say I have "Sisterlocks" does nothing for my ego.  I have always been very confident with myself whether I was sporting a TWA, Jeri Curl or Relaxer.  As a licensed hair designer, I have installed locks on my niece and hers look almost identical to mine, only slightly larger; due to my choice.  I certainly was not going to install over 600 locks on her little head...lol.  Her locks are maintained with the latch hook by her mother, who has no cosmetology experience.  She loves her locks as much as I love mine and I will continue to go to my SL consultant, K. Pack, for my tightenings.  After all, she was the only one of the so called SL professionals listed in my area to even have the courtesy to return my phone calls and/or email.  Three years later and I still have not heard from these other "professionals".  Therefore, I have a great sense of loyalty and commitment to Kathy.  Thank you Ms. Pack.  

SUMMER'S COMING:  I THINK IT'S TIME FOR A FUN COLOR OR MAYBE I'LL JUST GO BACK TO NATURAL.Hump, what shall it be?????

Much Love, Ni

4 comments:

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Happy 3rd year Lockversary! Your locks look truly amazing! I also love the new color! I've been thinking about going black, only due to the fact that seems to be the only way to cover up this lint I can't get rid of! Anyhow I would love to see locks on your neice's hair. I thinking about starting locks on my daughter's hair and I love to see pics of little girls with locks.

Take Care

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks BB. How have you been? I was having problems with lint about a year or so ago. I started using the Bronner Bros Castille Soap and it seems to pull the lint to the top of the lock and I tweezed it out. I am totally lint free now and I learned my lesson. I wear a loc sock to bed most nights (whenever I don't fall asleep first..lol). I did a post on my niece on 21 August and have photos of her install posted there also.

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

I did go back and take a look, her locks are beautiful! You can't even tell that they were started with 2 strand twists. Kepp up the good work!

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks but I think I am out of the hair locking business...maybe...I am in the process of renewing my cosmo license so who knows what arena I will go into next.