As I approach my three year locversay, I decided to take a stroll down memory lane to see from whence I came; and to share that journey with you. The journey has been absolutely amazing. My locks are not to the length in which I wore my hair, pre lock years, the longest yet and I'm not sure how I will be able to handle the additional length. I'm not really into hair like I used to be when I was younger. The blessing in having long hair at this point in my life is that I don't have to do much to it and it still looks fabulous. Therefore, I may not cut it. Although it does get on my nerves with the (pushing it out of my eyes, fastening it back when I brush my teeth etc) attention that it requires at this point. I still get a lot of compliments on my hair on a regular basis and I also still get the stares from people who are trying to figure them out; or maybe they are trying to figure me out. For some odd reason, as of late, myself and my children have been asked things like "where are you from?", "What part of Asia are you from?", "Are you from Hawaii?" I'm not sure if we look like the influx of foreigners that has been gracing the fare state of Ohio or what but is really getting old. These people are really serious with their questions. My family's roots go back to the Sudan, via Eurasia, so I guess they have legitimate questions but when did my family's heritage become the business of total strangers. Anyway, enjoy the photos and I will post more at my next re-tightening on February 27 when I will officially be a little beyond my 3 year mark.
PS. I truly did not realize how many pictures I had taken of my hair until I began to prepare this collage. Now I need to start cleaning some of them off of my computer. They have to be taken up major memory space.
Much Love, Ni

4 comments:
Nihu! I've missed you. Thanks for sharing the new link. Have much catching up to do.
Happy 2010! :-)
Hey girlfriend, How are you?
Beautiful Collage! Your locks look wonderful, ever since the beginning. Your not the only one taking up space of pics of hair on the computer, so dont feel bad.
Thanks BB. I really do need to clean up some of the space on my computer. Between pixs from blogging and genealogy, I have a kazillion photos..lol. How have you been?
Post a Comment