Once again my mysterious medical abnormality has reared it's ugly head and I sit, for the 3rd day, in a hospital with no answers. You would think that with all of this so called modern day medical techniques and advances someone could figure out why I continue to have shortness of breath and chest pain. They keep telling me what it is not, but no one can tell me what it is. How disappointing.
I'm going to give them about another day to figure it out and then I'm leaving this mad house. I usually don't come to this hospital, and since I was ordered by my doctor, I figured if I went somewhere different I might not regret it so bad; which is weird because I love the other hospital but had one bad experience during my last 30 day stay.
My experience here has been "different". First off, I have never shared a room at the other hospital. I have had 3 rooms here and each one had a room mate. The first lady didn't know where she was,or how old she was. She was eventually sent to another facility. I was then in a room solo. This didn't last long as I was moved from the Trauma IC Unit down to the Critical Heart Unit.
OMG. My first room mate had a colostomy bag that mad the room smell like an out house on a hot summer day. They had the nerve to give me an aerosol to spray which about killed me. Who gives someone with breathing issues an aerosol to use? Then she had some type of accident and the room smelled like 6 out houses on a 200 degree day. That was the final straw. I can sympathize with any one's handicap but I refuse to smell grown folks fecal matter all day long. So they move me with a warning that the only other room they have available is with a screaming lady. I tell them that I would rather listen to 100 screaming monkeys then to smell my current room mates fecal matter.
Now, I am roomed with a woman who is probably experiencing a little dementia. She talks, loudly, to herself about things of the past and every now and then she yells out that who ever this person is, is a ghetto bull dagger. It is absolutely hilarious. The nurses keep coming in apologizing and I continue to assure them that it is alright. I ignore her until I realize that she is asking me if the "bull dagger is over" on my side of the room. I have my curtain drawn. She then proceeds to say that it is good that she is not over here because she is going to tell the police on her for throwing her package away. You have to love the elderly.
So far it isn't anything deadly, so they say, so I think I can go home and suck in my own air for free.
I don't even want to think about how large this bill is going to be. It took me four years to pay off the last hospital visit. Thank God I already purchased my home and vehicle because its going to be a while before I have extra funds for splurging.
Wish me luck!
Much Love, Ni
2 comments:
Sorry you are having a bad experience at this hospital, not to mention that no one can tell you what is wrong with you. I hope the problem is solved soon, so you can be at home where everything is normal for you.
Get Well Soon
Thanks B, I am home now. Be Blessed.
Post a Comment