14 March 2013
WTH is going on with my hair and lint???
Ok, so a few days ago I decided to do an ACV and Baking Soda cleanse. OMG...I don't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing. All that I know for sure was that I was not prepared for what I saw. I literally had lint throughout my hair and I can honestly say I NEVER saw it before and I am careful about sleeping without my hair covered. I have been wearing a poncho that is pretty "linty" but I did not think it would have impacted my hair to the extreme in which I saw. My hair looked as if I just walked through a wind machine that was blowing lint. I honestly believe that the lint represented 6 years of lint that had been hidden and locked away inside of my locks and that the ACV and baking soda mixture brought it all to the top of the locks. It was easy to remove with tweezers but it was very tedious and so my impatient self did a MAJOR cut in an attempt to get my hair free from the lint. I cut the front and sides of my hair (what was obvious and right in my face) and then I colored all of my hair. I used a new color that was supposed to have been chocolate brown but for some reason...maybe the recent use of ACV and baking soda....my hair did not color dark at all and somehow ended up with beautiful bronze highlights with a caramel semi dark brown color.....I have now decided to change my hair care regime as I do not know if it was lint or product build up...although it really looked like lint to me...AND when I examined the cut end of each lock, it looked like there was lint wrapped in hair throughout the length of the hair. I even cut some locks straight up the middle to make sure my mind was not playing tricks on me. It was pretty gross looking. Therefore, from now on I will only use clear liquids in my hair and my shampoos will only be done using ACV and baking soda so that it can continue to pull that mess out of my hair. I'll have to search for a new conditioner now because as much as I love my Silk2 products, I will not be using anything else white in my hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment