24 March 2013
Loc Soc Blues
Over the course of years since I've had my locs I have ordered 3 separate loc socks by glory locks. I absolutely love the coverings for my hair but they are somewhat expensive ($15-$19 each) especially in light of the fact that I have lost or misplaced 2 of them and the 3rd one is on it last leg. One other thing I did not like about glory locks was that if you select "multi" as a color choice you don't know what color it will be. I have gotten 2 that were exactly the same color and one was shades of blue and some white.
So I ventured to one of the larger, actually mega beauty supply stores here, and purchased the cap you see above. I paid approximately $3 for it so I purchased 2 of them. They are tighter/smaller then the ones from glory locks and don't have as much room for all of my hair but I figure for the price it was worth a try. My hair was still able to hang loose inside of the glory socks but it is stabilized with this cap; absolutely no movement. I am truly considering purchasing 2 more with the intent of dis-assembling one of them at the top and connecting it to the other to extend the length since I can not find reasonably priced socs for my hair length nor could I find the longer length socs in the mega hair store.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Greetings~
I'm sorry you are having a hard time with covering your locks.
I went to the hair show in 2011, and bought a Dreadsock - size medium. It was pricey 20.00, but I've had it now for two years, and it works!
I also have the smaller 3.00 one from the hair supply store, but I have to wrap my locks up first in order to fit them, and I only use this one while working out or cooking. It is not comfortable to sleep on. I sleep in my longer dreadsock with much more room.
Sometime ago, I posted pics of the 3.00 cap on my blog.
Take Care~
http://www.Queenlocks.com
Hello Queen, thanks for stopping by. Yes the socks are pretty pricey and do last (if I quit losing them). My smaller one is tight as well but now I put my hair on top on my head before putting it on...(imagine Marge Simpson)...lol. I am going to have to do something...soon. I like your blog.
Post a Comment