04 February 2013

6 years of Sisterlocks - almost

Well, this is my first post for 2013.  A lot has been going on in my life so I haven't really committed a lot to blogging but I felt it was time for an update especially since my 6 year locversary is right around the corner.  As on all other anniversary's I will do a then and now photo arrangement so that newbies and others can know what to expect.

I still love the versatility that my locks offer me.  However, I have questioned if they are getting too long.  I have contemplated cutting them several times.  I am back to DIY again due to illness taking over my body once again and I must say that it is not fun tightening 600+ locks.  Yet I persevere.

Changes that I have noticed over the past week is that my hair does not seem to be as thick....of course until I start to tighten it.  I think the length is playing a role in this illusion.   Other then that I've not noticed any major changes in my hair.  I have not lost any locks and my locks do not appear fragile despite their small size.  I continue to condition my locs every time I shampoo and I am still using the grape see oil and water mixture about 3 times a week.  That is my entire maintenance regime in regards to my locks.  Every now and then I will style them or do a braid out....as I have done for my 6 year photos.  My camera battery needed charging so I had to use my cell phone camera so the 6 year photos may not be the same quality as the others. Sorry !  Enjoy.





















2 comments:

Kreyola said...

Just Beautiful! Congrats on your almost 6 years locks ^_^.

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks Kreyola, You locks are beautiful as well. I still love your blog and all of your stories. I tried to leave a comment a view times but my computer was doing some funny stuff with the word notification thingy and would not acknowledge my entries. Thanks for following my journey.