12 April 2011
Somebody S C R E A M - I'm done
I have f i n a l l y finished my re-ti. OMG..In the past I have tightened with just my tool or alternated between the tool and the latch hook. I've found that when I use the Latch hook (which I will not be using anymore) my hair does not get as tight nor does it "last" beyond 6 weeks. When I use my tool only I can go 8 + weeks before re-ti's. So even though it takes me longer to complete, in the end it is worth it. For some reason it feels as if I have been tightening my hair forever. I can truly appreciate fellow DIYers combining their locks. I was very tempted on several occasions during this tightening. Oh, thinking about coloring again...remembering how much work it was last time and trying not to do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Great! I guess I'll be able to Scream I'm Done next week! I am retightening 30 locks a day. I have 300 locks at this time.
Take Care~
Congrats! You did a good job. What tool do you use? I find the yarn needle/nappylocs or flat loc tool the fastest. I never got the hang of the latch-hook.
@ R.Katya, best of luck on your re-ti journey. Let me know how it goes. @ Anthia, Thank you. I use a tool that is similar to a needle without the point. I have 7 different sizes. I like the speed that you get with the latch but I hook other locs too often when using it and it doesn't get my hair as tight (due to it's size)as my tool.
Post a Comment