13 August 2010

Another DIY Re-Ti completed

Ok, it's official.  I am now a self certified DIYer.  After looking at what a state of mess my hair was in while I was in South Carolina and after having discussed it with my BF, I was more than a little upset.  I had tightened her hair at least 3-4 weeks prior to getting my hair tightened by my THEN consultant and it appeared to both of us that her hair was in better shape and looked 100 times better than mine.  Imagine my surprise this past weekend when I slowed down long enough to check the actual date that my hair was retightened and discovered that it had only been 4 weeks.  Not Good!.

Anyway, I spent the next 2 days,August 8 and 9, tightening my hair.  I found these wonderful needle like objects to tighten with, instead of  the latch hook.  Unlike needles, they are not sharp and do not stick.  I discovered that my newly found tools were more efficient than the latch hook; allowed me to tighten each rotation as I went along; made my hair lay flat to my scalp and gave a much neater appearance.  I was very comfortable during the process.  It was as if I were merely sewing and I felt absolutely no discomfort until the 12th hour of the first day.  Then my elbows begin to hurt and I stopped.  I took my time and ate, watched television and observed my fish as I completed the task of tightening my hair.  The second day I worked on my hair for 5 hairs and 45 minutes until completion.  It was so NOT unpleasant this time that I have decided to continue to do it myself.  Then I will be assured that it is to my satisfaction.  Sunday will mark the one week point and my hair looks great AND feels very secure.  I was able to sew through each lock no less than 10 times each and my head has never felt as sore; even though it felt tight when I did it, it did not feel painfully tight.  I now know how my tender headed BF feels whenever she gets ANYTHING done to her hair.  She is very tender headed and I have never been.  I can now sympathize with her and next time I tighten my hair, I will be more conscience of not getting it so tight.  Here are some pixs.  In one of them you will be able to see the object that I used to tighten dangling from one of my locks.

Unbelievably I know,  but I am now thinking of coloring again.  I just can't decide if I really like this color or not.  I think I want to go back dark.  We'll see...lol





2 comments:

Titus 2 Thandi said...

10 rotations per loc, minimum?? Good thing you took things into your own hands!(Pun intended) Your hair looks great.

Locs2Envy said...

Thanks, Thandi.....I think it was time that I took back some control...not that I wanted to...lol