27 April 2010

Official DIYer

I think....I spent 3 days re-tiing my hair and grooming it.  It was horrible!  More on the reason behind this move and what I've learned at a later time since right now I am pressed for time.  I've taken pictures and will post soon but for now, I just needed to document the day that I became a do it yourself-er.

UPDATE:  Ok, so here is the rest of my story.  I have worked a total of 3 weeks since December 24 and so my money had to be reorganized and I had to re-prioritize due to my financial situation.  I was able to get one re-ti since I have been on disability but since I went out again and had not gotten "approved" for disability benefits the second time; which by the way is only 67% of my usual pay: I had to make some major changes in my budget.  My 4 highest expenses are my home, my truck, my son's car and my hair.  Since I am a licensed cosmetologist it only made since that the hair bill would be the one to get the ax.

 Anyway, the front is completely groomed and looks and feels 1000% better and I am waiting for my daughter to come over to do the back for me.  What a difference a grooming makes in the look and feel of my hair.  It feels and looks so much healthier. 

So now, I guess I no longer have SL's since I used the latch hook - without problems I might add- to tighten my hair.  So now that I am an official DIYer, I shall call my locks NIHU'S KNOTS.  I have had several people literally chase me down since I have re-ti and groomed them to inquire as to who does my hair.  I used to get compliments all of the time but no one has ever literally chased me through a store to inquire.  Something about Sams's club I guess...lol.  Pictures are coming. I promise.

PS.  I think I may be heading back behind the chair to supplement my income.  Who knows, I may even leave State Employment.  Time to get some business cards made to promote Nihu's Knots.

5 comments:

anthia-ofo said...

Aw, sorry you had such a hard time.Your hair is sooo thick. Will you continue DIY-ing?

V @ Locks-N-Motion said...

Congrats! Looking forward to your pictures

Locs2Envy said...

@Anthia-ofo: Yes, I think I will continuing doing my own hair. I don't think it would have taken as long had I not had to do so much grooming.

@V: thanks! Pixs coming soon; when I quit forgetting my camera...lol

anthia-ofo said...

Aah Thanx for the pics. You have now joined the ranks of DIY-no brand tool generic sisterlocks. It's all good, and more grease to your elbows!

Locs2Envy said...

lol ant, more grease in deed. Yes, it is all good and I just came from looking into a potential business prop where I may be pushing "Nihuru's Knots"...lol...jumping back into the salon business...alas.