11 March 2014

7 years later I still love my locs






Wow! It truly has been a while since I've posted anything new.  Life has a way of taking over and time seems to fly.  Anyway, here I am again with an update.  I have just passed my seven year Locversary and I am still loving my locs for the most part.

I am still a DIYer.  I went back to my old consultant briefly but that was no longer a viable option for me due to some personal changes with her (new baby, new website and new prices that were higher than I was willing to pay).  On my last visit to her my bill was $235.  I knew then that it was time for a permanent change. 

I am not so pleased about having to tighten my own hair since I am impatient. I've lost, due to connecting more than one lock during tightening, about 9 locs.  That really is not a lot when you consider that I have over 600 and my hair is so thick that it is not in the least bit noticeable to myself or anyone else.  I struggle with the length of my hair and have considered cutting it on several occasions but decided against it for various reasons.  I wear it pulled back a lot more now due to the length.  On rare occasions when I set it on rollers or pipe cleaners it takes about 3 hours under the dryer for me to be completely dry.

I don't really take photos of my hair like I used to but here is one taken recently.  As you can see I did absolutely nothing to it and it was pretty windy that day.  That's why I still love my locs.   


No comments: